Sarah E. Mitchell Information Services
- Research in my extensive library and files;
- Online research in newspaper archives and historic books.
- Note: As of May 2016, I no longer do research at the Pittsylvania County Courthouse (a listing of Pittsylvania County Courthouse resources can be found here; and a listing of other researchers here).
- Research in history publications for information about historic properties;
- Research in contemporary newspapers and books for information about historic properties;
- Information on construction styles (see our local articles and general on-line references).
- My basic rate is $20 per hour, plus copying costs (usually runs 50 cents a copy) and shipping/handling costs. For larger projects or to inquire about research in other courthouses and libraries, please contact me for rates and price estimates.